RULES OF THE III INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION "CITY OF VIGO"
(MARTHA ARGERICH EDITION)
1) The Classical Music Association of Galicia (AMCG) organizes the II International Piano Competition "Cidade de Vigo", which will be held in the "Martín Códax" hall of the Superior Music Conservatory of Vigo (Calle Manuel Olivié, 23), from April 16th till April 20th, 2019.
2) The contestants must be present at the presentation and at the draw, which will be public. In case that a participant can not be at the draw, must send to our organization a sworn statement or proof explaining the reasons, and our organization will decide if that is possible.
The order of performance of the contestants will be maintained in subsequent rounds. The contest calendar will be the following:
3) Pianists of any nationality, WITHOUT AGE LIMIT, can participate in the competition.
4) Pianists who would like to participate in our competition, must preregister through our website (pre-registration form) and attach their biography and a recording of a maximum of 10 minutes (solo piano) through an unique Youtube video link (of the best quality as possible). The program of the recording will be of free choice. The deadline for this pre-registration ends on January 10th, 2019 at 23.59 PM. The jury of the preselection is composed by 9 professionals of recognized trajectory: Pablo Galdo (Spain), Natalia Trull (Russia), Imre Rohmann (Hungary), Elmar Gasanov (Russia), Constantin Sandu (Romania), Jitka Frankova (Czech Republic), Ernest So (USA), Igor Petrin (Russia), Efrain González (Mexico)
5) On February 2nd, 2019 the pre-registered participants will be informed about the ones who are selected. To confirm the registration, those selected must fill in the formulary through our website: www.vigopianocompetition.com, and make a transfer of the inscription payment fee till February 8th to the following account number, specifying its name along with the transfer: Classical Music Association of Galicia: Bank: NCG / IBAN ES25 2080 5058 9830 4003 4453 / SWIFT- BIC: CAGLESMMXXX. You can also make the payment through the following paypal account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case any of the selected ones does not make the payment, the next participant will be called from the reservation list. Once the payment is made, the amount already paid by the contestants will not be refunded in any case.
6) The jury will be composed by 5 members of recognized career: Martha Argerich (Argentina), Nelson Freire (Brazil), Pablo Galdo (Spain), Sergio Tiempo (Venezuela), Tamás Vásáry (Hungary). Their decisions will be published on the web www.vigopianocompetition.com. The jury is not obliged to grant all the prizes and its decisions will be unappealable. The prizes are subject to corresponding retention according to the current law.
7) The organization will be allowed to record and broadcast live all the rounds of the contestants, and will have all the the rights over those recordings.
8) In case of translation mistake on the rules of competition, the Spanish translation will be considered as the official one.
9) The Organizing Committee will solve all those situations not written down at the general rules.
10) The registration implies the total acceptance of the rules of the Competition.
11) The Competition will have First round, Semifinal and Final.
12) The Law 15/1999 on the Protection of Personal data (LOPD). The personal data (including photographs, identity documents and images) that the contestants will submit, will be incorporated into a file owned by the Association of classical music of Galicia. According to the LOPD, the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition can be made by any participant, writing an e mail to the Association of classical music of Galicia: email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org
13) The interpretation of own compositions will not be allowed/ The performance of the same piece will not be allowed during the different rounds of the competition/ It will not be allowed to play individual movements of an entire piece/ All the pieces will be performed by memory, except the piece of Galician composer Saúl Chapela, which can also be performed with scores. Participants must also provide 3 copies of scores by unknown or contemporary composers. In case of not providing them, they could be eliminated.
14) During competition, it will be forbidden to talk or to have contact with the member of the jury, which could be a reason to be disqualified
15) Underage contestants must send a signed and scanned authorization from the parents or legal guardian, assuming any responsibility of their participation in it.
16) Practice rooms will be available for the practice of participants from April 16th, first day of competition. The pianos will be FREE OF CHARGE during all the rounds of the contest and subsequent masterclass.
17) We have a hotel that will make a special price for the participants enrolled in our competition. Prizes are 35 euros per person in single room, and 27 euro per person in a double room shared with another participant, (54 euro the total prize of double room), both with breakfast included. Those who are interested, should send an e mail to email@example.com, writing that are participants of our competition.
18) To get to Vigo, there are 4 international airports nearby: Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Porto and Coruña. There is another possibility to arrive here, first traveling from Madrid or Barcelona and later on coming to one of the airports listed above (It takes 50 minutes)
19) The official piano of the contest will be a Grand Piano Shigeru Kawai.
* Once the program is sent, you can only make variations until February 15th.
The Jury may award the following prizes:
FIRST PRIZE : 4.660 euro, concerts, video production and diploma, distributed as follows:
SECOND PRIZE "GALICIA": 3410 euro, concerts, video production and diploma, distributed as follows:
THIRD PRIZE "JUAN MONTES": € 2160 euro and diploma, distributed as follows
PRIZE TO FINALISTS: AWARDED FOR THE LABEL TO ONE OF THE FINALISTS: 660 euro and video production
"ROSA SABATER" AWARD: TO THE BEST SPANISH PIANIST: 910 euro and diploma.
"PEPITO ARRIOLA" AWARD: TO THE BEST GALICIAN PIANIST: 910 euro and diploma
"CRISÓSTOMO ARRIAGA" AWARD: TO THE BEST COMPETITOR UNDER 20 YEARS OLD: 910 euro and diploma.
SPECIAL PRIZE OF PUBLIC "MARTÍN CÓDAX": TO THE FAVORITE PERFORMER OF THE FINAL ACCORDING TO VOTATION OF PUBLIC: 660 euro and diploma.
"BACH" AWARD: TO THE THE BEST PERFORMER OF A WORK BY J. S. BACH: 910 euro and diploma
"MARCIAL DEL ADALID" AWARD: TO THE BEST PERFORMER OF A COMPOSITION BY A SPANISH COMPOSER: Minimum of 910 euro and diploma
SPECIAL PRIZE "TAMÁS VÁSÁRY": TO THE FAVORITE PERFORMER OF MAESTRO VÁSÁRY: 660 euro, concerto with the Zoltán Kodály Orchestra and diploma
ANDRES GAOS "AWARD: TO THE BEST PERFORMER OF A COMPOSITION BY GALICIAN COMPOSER . (IN THIS EDITION COMPOSER IS SAÚL CHAPELA): 910 euro and diploma The piece can be seen at the following link: HERE. You can also download it in PDF: Download (NOT OBLIGATORY PIECE). Notes to the program of composition HERE
"ROSALIA DE CASTRO" AWARD: TO THE BEST PERFORMER OF A WORK OF A WOMAN COMPOSER: Minimum of 810 euro and diploma
PRIZE TO SEMIFINALISTS: TO ALL THOSE PARTICIPANTS THAT PASS TO SEMIFINALS AND DIDN ́T GET A PRIZE:160 euros and diploma
PRIZE FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE NOT PASSING TO SEMIFINALS: TO THOSE PARTICIPANTS THAT THE JUDGES CONSIDER THAT HIGHLIGHT SPECIALLY AND DIDN’T PASS TO THE SEMIFINAL:
Some of the prizes could be shared and the jury is not obliged to grant all the prizes, being their decisions unappealable. During the Closing Ceremony the winners must collect their award personally, must take the official photo , and must perform some piece in the final act , in case that it will be required to them. If they will not do it, their prizes could be revoked. They must also perform at least one work. The 100 scholarship prize, together with the CD recording prize, is not cumulative in case that some of the participants will get more than one prize.
(*) The scholarships of 100 euros to study at the Forum Academy Musikae in Madrid will be destined to study with professor Pablo Galdo during the month of that academy during month of July, 2018.